Websites of Interest

Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day


I hope everyone is enjoying a Happy and Safe Memorial Day weekend.
If when you are out and about today you see a Soldier or a vetran shake thier hand and say thanks for all they have given to make this country what it is today. Many men and women have sacraficed alot for all of us, But with Todays political climate that seems to be forgotten. Soldiers Just DO THIER JOB whether they want to or not. I just hope that all the soldiers that are in harms way make it home to thier familys safe and sound.

Poker has been Blah lately, Mainly because I suck pretty bad at it.
Sometimes i wonder though watching some of the People play what they are thinking, making some of the plays they do But I guess if the only place you ever learned any poker theory is from the TV watching reruns of WPT final tables and Celebrity Poker showdown that would explain it.

I played a $5 90 person sng on Fulltilt last night and busted 3 off the money at 21. I would be curious what people think of the play since Like I said to my Bri who was sitting next to me that I didn't want to just make the money, since making 8.10 for isn't why i am playing it.

Full Tilt Poker No Limit Holdem Tournament Blinds: t200/t400 (Ante: t50) 7 players Converter
Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is UTG+1 with :ac :kh UTG folds, Hero calls t400 (pot was t950), MP1 folds, CO calls t400 (pot was t1350), Button folds, SB calls t200 (pot was t1750), BB raises to t2350, Hero raises all-in t9545, 2 folds, BB calls t7195(3,3) (pot was t12645).

Flop: :jc :5d :9d (t20240, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t20240)
Turn: :jh (t20240, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t20240)
River: :4c (t20240, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t20240)
Results: Final pot: t20240

My thoughts were that The villian had been pretty aggressive he had been the Chipleader at one time. He also liked to run that squeeze play and Had been making some pretty loose calls.
I also wasn't playing for 18th I wanted to have enough chips to make a run and Getting up to 18k would have put me in the top 10. Brian suggested I should have called then jammed the flop.

Anyone have any thoughts?? Anyone want to teach me how to play??

Lets all hope and Pray that Marquis Hill is Ok.

U.S. Coast Guard rescue crews continued searching Lake Pontchartrain on Monday for New England Patriots defensive end Marquise Hill, who was reported missing following a jetski accident.

"I spoke with the girl and her mother this morning and they said he helped her stay calm. He ended up saving her life, keeping her calm until she could grab onto a buoy," said Elias said, who added that Hill can swim, but was not wearing a life preserver.

Be safe everyone

Peace
Billy B.

Sponsors