Websites of Interest

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Stop the Fear

I just finished reading this article from the WSJ and it made me sad,
I as the Parent of 2 young children I am very aware that there are sexual predators out there. I also think that people need to calm down. Not every man is a predator just like Not every Homosexual Man is on the Prowl.

Ted Wallis, a doctor in Austin, Texas, recently came upon a lost child in tears in a mall. His first instinct was to help, but he feared people might consider him a predator. He walked away. "Being male," he explains, "I am guilty until proven innocent."
That is terrible, I would never ever walk away from a child in this situation.

I was a Early Education major my first couple of years in college But I had doubts
as to Job Prospects after graduating. So I changed majors.

My Neighbor who runs a Daycare center said it is company Policy not to hire Men.
There is something wrong when we are discriminating on the Basis of Gender. But it only seems to go one way these days.

Men are just as capable of being teachers or caregivers as women but in our society they are often looked at with suspicion when choose a Profession that is typically assigned to the female Gender.

Child-welfare groups say these precautions minimize risks. But men's rights activists argue that our societal focus on "bad guys" has led to an overconfidence in women. (Children who die of physical abuse are more often victims of female perpetrators, usually mothers, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.)


We Live in a state of fear, Fear for our lives, Fear for our children, Fear of strangers and of new things. Yes the world is a dangerous place but one that should still be explored and Enjoyed.

Hope everyone has a Great weekend. I am off to see Jimmy Buffett with 6 friends tonight.

Sponsors